The Research Institute of PTF is an organizational unit integrating the research activities of the departments and organizing their work and publication activities. Its mission is the development of its scholarly standard, with special regard to initiatives exploring Pentecostal and charismatic identity and history, as well as Biblical studies.
Its place in the organization of PTF
The Research Institute of PTF is an independent organizational unit, the work of which being supervised by the Vice-Rector of Education.
Organizational structure and operations
- the leader of the Research Institute;
- the Rector,
- the Vice-Rector of Education;
- the heads of departments;
- the leaders of research projects delegated by the heads of department on a permanent or case by case basis.
The members’ tasks
- conducting dialogue on the already operating project branchings and initiations and any of those additional ones that are necessary and feasible,
- performing individual research and publication activity according to their undertakings or upon commission,
- participating in the plenary meetings of the Research Institute and in the meetings of the scholarly fields they belong to.
Selection and appointment
The leader of the Research Institute is selected from among full-time senior instructors and submitted to the Senate of the College by the Rector of the College. Their appointment requires at least two thirds of the votes of the members of the Senate present.
Ensuring the continuous and balanced operation of the Research Institute, especially
- supervising research projects,
- organizing the publications undertaken,
- initiating new research areas,
- opening new vistas in ongoing research projects.
- Preparing, summoning and chairing the plenary meetings of the Research Institute at least once per semester.
- Maintaining personal contact with the researchers.
- Exploring publication activities and organizing their carrying out.
- Initiating the procurement of new relevant literature for the library.
- Initiating research contacts with institutes of higher education and research in Hungary and abroad.
- Exploring the grant opportunities necessary for the projects and preparing grant applications.
- Initiating, organizing, and if necessary, registering the professional conferences of PTF (Hungarian Science Festival, etc.).
- Initiating and organizing scholarly workshop talks and scholarly dialogues of other genres.
- Starting other initiatives helping the scholarly activity and recognition of PTF.
- Initiating publication directions towards the editorial board of Pünkösd.ma and performing the tasks related thereto.
Its governing body
The decision-making Body of the Research Institute is the plenum, the members of which are
- the leader of the Research Institute,
- the Rector,
- the Vice-Rector of Education,
- the heads of department.
The meetings of the plenum is prepared, summoned, and chaired by the Leader of the Research Institute at least once per semester. The Leader confirms the dates of the meetings of the plenum with the President and announces them until 30 September the latest.
For the plenary meetings of the Research Institute, research projects in the various scholarly fields, or their current questions or issues, are prepared by the respective Head of Department or the person delegated by them.
Major areas of research
- Pentecostal identity and history
- Pastoral psychology
- Scriptural research
To perform their tasks, the Research Institute may request the allocation of target funds from the budget of the College naming the individual projects. Requests shall be submitted to the President and the allocation is approved by the Chief Financial Officer. The Research Institute shall use the allocated funds at its discretion while adhering to the financial regulations.
Its members perform their research activity in conjunction wit their educating activities and in accordance with their job descriptions and College burdens.