Pastoral psychology based pastoral care
Seeing another person’s disturbed soul, has it ever occur to you that you want to help but you are helpless? Have you ever wanted to support someone in their problem but you felt incompetent? At PTF, taking the Bible’s truths, as well as Jesus’ teachings and example as a basis, you can learn about how to stand by others. Develop in an honest and inspiring atmosphere under the leadership of reliable teachers of pastoral care. Degree obtained: Theologian (with Pastoral Psychology Based Pastoral Care specialization)
Master’s Degree (MA)
State scholarship or self-sponsored, when HUF 100,000 per semester
Standard Completion Time
You will learn:
In the course of your studies, you will:
- learn about the theories of personal psychology, faith development, moral development, and community-creating communication systems,
- deal with bibliodrama in an in-depth manner for 3 semesters,
- be able to put your pastoral care knowledge into practice as well with the help of our field practices,
- be absorbed in the scriptures and exegesis of the Old and New Testaments,
- be absorbed in systematic and practical theology, as well as church history.
Degrees accepted for admission for our Master’s programmes:
- Theology BA degrees are accepted unconditionally,
- Degrees accepted upon specific conditions:
Based on – minimally – a Bachelor’s degree obtained in a non-theology (BA) programme or training programme, 90 credits in the courses of the core material of our Theology BA programme should be acceptable based on the comparison of the applicant’s knowledge against which credits are acknowledged. In the event, based on the above comparison, the possession of less than 90 but more than 30 credits can be confirmed, the missing credits must be obtained within four semesters counted from admission as stipulated in the Studies and Exams Code of PTF (thus, you can obtain the missing credits during your studies).
Apply for the program now
Deadline: 30 August 2020.